Well, all that know me will have to pat me on the back because I have been running!! That is HUGE for me! I'm not a runner, don't enjoy it and can't breath when doing it. But because of some friends and my sister in-law, Amanda, I am doing it!! We are planning on running a 5-k in march. I am completely scared out of my mind, but with peer pressure I know I can do it. 
My friend Shawnelle and I started going to the track about three weeks ago. She wanted to get into shape and I'm going on a cruise in May. (and who wants to wear a swim suit feeling like a whale) Now there are four of us running three times a week getting ready for a 5-k!! 

Every time Amanda and I tell someone about our goal, they have laughed...right out laughed! Our Mother in-law told us that she could never picture us running one lap around the track! Our own mother in-law!! We have already proved her wrong...we've ran two laps!!! It just goes to show ya you can't live down the past, but you can change the future! We are going to prove everyone wrong!!:)

I definitely need running shoes and some pain pills. Being a dancer I have become accustomed to my feet being in pain all the time, I've now realized that my feet don't have to hurt, that the saying "if it's not hurting, your not doing it right" does not apply to running. How nice. So tomorrow I am going to Provo to buy good running shoes and maybe a pink track suit. Anyone with some good info about shoes or track suits?
So as I was searching for pictures these kept popping up...destiny.

3 comments:
I think you must be my best friend. You are the only person who comments on my blogs. I feel you about the running, and the peer pressure. I need lots of prodding to do anything. Joey's favorite running shoes are the ones that bend with your feet and right now I can't think of what they are called. I will have to ask. But I think you have pretty good taste in shoes and clothes. I remember in college you let me wear some shoes to my first aerobics class before I got my own and I thought the whole time how I had never worn such cute shoes. And finally, I am no good at scrapbooking so I'm not gonna volunteer to do yours, I would be embarrassed. But next time we do an allnight scrapbooking thing you should come! I'll tell Kelly to plan it.
Love it. Actually I think it's all about your "density". I hope you get that joke otherwise it's just plain lame. Think George McFly.
I love that you are running! I think you will love the 5K, especially if you will be with friends. Where is it? Can I come cheer you on? You are looking great and I am so jealous about the cruise.
Post a Comment