Tuesday, March 13, 2007
My Pyro!
I wish I had pictures of this! But, I left my camera at one of the performances and some lady pick it up and I haven't been able to get it back, but I know who has it so at least it's not lost. But Last Sunday after church, I was cooking dinner and Jared comes in the kitchen and gets a big bowl out and starts filling it with water. He calmly says, "the bushes out front are on fire". What! I run out there and sure enough the bushes, and roses are on fire with flames as tall as our mail box! I run in and fill another pot up and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law begin to do the same. We haven't hook up our hoses yet and the outside water isn't turned on. We began to wonder if we should call 911 but Jared says it's no big deal. we finally get the fire out before it sets grandma's house on fire but smoke was everywhere and I knew that someone, Helen Matthis or someone might have called 911. So we waited for the fire department to show up but they never did. I asked Jared what happened and he just wanted to burn the weeds so we could plant something else! I told him that it's illegal and he couldn't' believe it, after all they do that sorta thing all the time in Wellington! Oh, my country boy!! Now our mail box is melted but I think the roses will survive, so don't worry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wish you had taken a picture too! Will you ask him to come to my house and burn all my flowers from last year that I didn't pull up cause I am lazy. Kelly makes me look bad. Well that is funny. Boys...I don't know how I am going to raise one.
pictures!!!!!!!!! please.
That is too funny. You caught the fire just in time to have a funny story, a few more flames and it would have been a scary story! Show Jared the old fashion way of pulling weeds:)
The mailman doesn't actually want to put your mail in the mailbox anymore. He actually waited for me to get out of my car the other day so he could hand it to me.
JULIA, I TAGGED YOU. 6 RANDOM THINGS AND 6 THINGS YOU'RE HAPPY ABOUT RIGHT NOW. DO IT.
Post a Comment