Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Noses



So I just got off the phone with Sarah and she said she was going to blog, and I haven't blogged for awhile. So, I'll blog about my nose.

The other day Jared noticed that my nostrils where different sizes. I have never noticed. My nose is pretty small and I'm short so no one can look up it. But after two years of marriage, Jared notices. Sure enough, they are different. The one on my right is slanted and not as round as the other. Now that I look at it, it makes me feel a little handicapped. (I hope I don't offend anyone.) I have been noticing people's noses and I'm finding that lots of people have different shaped nostrils. What other handicaps do we all have? It made me look at all the things that I have two of and one is almost always different than the other is a big way or a small way.

My left eye is droopy, my right big toe nail is wavy, one pinkie bends weirder than the other, there is a lot more but can't really talk about it.... But I just thought that was strange that I've had this body for 25 years and have never noticed these things. And I guess they aren't handicaps, they are what makes me unique, like Uniqua in Backyardagins. (by the way, what is she?)

6 comments:

Spencer the Bomb Diggity said...

Uniqua is pink... Barney is scary and the teletubbies are a freak of nature... and I think one is gay.

I was told that each finger on either hand has the same pattern of fingerprint, but my two index fingers have a completely different patterns one is a tear drop and one is a mountain! I know what you mean. My nose is different sizes too but that is because I cant breath out of one hardly at all due to a deviated septum. Maybe that or I stuck too much spaghetti up my nose!

suzy said...

Gwen likes to pretend that she is Tasha and I always get to be Uniqua. Or Tyrone. I don't know what she is either and there is another one that looks like her, are they brother and sister? Anyway, my ears are different sizes so when I wear glasses I have to have them adjusted so that they don't sit funny. So when I buy sunglasses one side is always higher than the other. You're not alone in your deformities.

Bevan said...

backyardagins rule

Sarah said...

Uniqua is the token "different" character. Like the token "black" child or the token "bicurious" character. By the way, the purple one of the teletubbies is gay. He has a Murse, a man bag.

Elisa said...

I had never realized that all the other Backyardagns were actually animals until this post. That show is a good one...Miriam doesn't see it much since they don't have it at the library:( Our library just got Dora so it will be awhile (I try to keep Miriam up on toddler pop culture as much as possible...joke).

Bodies are strange but you have a cute nose!

everything pink! said...

hey if you ever want to get your nose fixed... Jeff will give you a deal.