

Well, I've started advertising for my studio and have already had people call and sign up!! I have had this goal since high school when I realized that I was too short to be a rockett or any kind of Broadway dancer or ballerina. In College I created my name and logo and company names and even had a test run through when my ballet company teacher Candice allowed me to teach 2 jazz classes. They were great and I loved every minute. I liked school but not my dance classes, I failed ballet and modern because of written tests. We had one test where we were to draw the nine body positions in ballet. I'm not an artist so my stick figures cost me a passing grade. But don't let that fool you , I'm still a pretty good dancer. Then I moved to SLC to gain more experience in teaching little ones. I loved this job but still had a desire to own my own studio. My patriarchal blessing encourages me to pursue this goal and to be a good role model to those girls I teach. I so want to help girls realize that there is no such thing as "bump and grind" in real dancing.. That's only for music videos. Because of my drill coach who always had modest costumes I want my dancers to be able to live their religion no matter what talents and interests they have. Well, for a few months I felt that this was not going to happen as fast as I wanted it to. I was looking for a building but no one would rent to me or the spaces were to small or I couldn't afford them. I looked into building but that seemed even more impossible because a commercial building and all the permits and little fees are way too much. But just at the last minute someone finally felt compassion on me and allowed me to rent from him. (It's Kelly's dad, I love family) Not only is he letting me rent from him but for the first few months it's rent free so that I can get it started and running. Plus the building already had mirrors, which I didn't have and a wood floor which I can't afford to put in! So now all the expenses that I thought I would have, I don't! So most of my money can be put into advertising!! I do have to put some money into paint to fix up the room but it'll be so cute when I'm done!! I don't know why all of this came about but it did all happen the same week Jared and I accepted church callings. He is the 17 yr. old Sunday school teacher and I'm teaching the 9 & 10 yr. old primary. Coincidence? I don't know but I'm grateful for it all!! If you want to check out my studio blog it's encoredance.blogspot.com. I can't sleep because I'm coming up with dances and class ideas and year end concert stuff and advertising! I love it!
7 comments:
Hooray!! Thats all I can think of to say this is just all so great.
Helper Arts Festivale is a go...they said we can have a booth provided they get the $ so start thinking of advertising!!
We're all so proud of you and I'm so excited to be able to take dancing again. I don't know if Madison feels the same way, but one way or another she's going to dance.
Julia, you need to blog some more and you need to advertise in the CCR flyer/paper that comes out with the school kids.
Whats up with the Encore site?? Do you need some help getting it back up or are you just revamping??
Good luck with dance tomorrow!! You will be great!!
How exciting that you are creating your dream into a reality! Best wishes with your dance studio!
Julia, do my book Tag I want to know what you think (check my blog if that doesn't make any sense).
Post a Comment