
I finally did it!! I opened a dance studio!! I have been planing this for years, since high school. It was fun to go from a ugly room to a cute studio! I loved every minute of it and appreciate all the help from my family and friends. Jared's mom and sister came for a "girls weekend" and helped with some painting. My mom helped clean the bathrooms and came up with the paint scheme. My dad and Jared put up the bars, mirrors, fake wall, and moved in all my dance stuff and equipment. Sarah helped dec
orate and advertise and Erik and Kelly painted the waiting area. Jared, my mom and dad helped finish painting the studio. With all the help it turned out great!! I had my first week of classes last week and had a blest!! I've had alot more girls sign up than I had hoped for! I can't wait for performances and costumes!! I'm even doing an adult class and I have so much fun! Now I can go to my high school reunion with confidence! Just kidding. If anyone has any cute dance ideas or decoration ideas please let me know!
It's time to get the house back together now. I've put off house work and improvments for a month! I'd rather work on the studio. We do need to paint the office and bedroom and get the guest rooms all situated. And I need to weed like crazy!!I'll post pics as soon as blogger will let me! The "before pics" will not download so sorry. It was just a big white dirty room with a huge cut out on one wall.
5 comments:
I want to see pictures! I am dying to see it but I don't think we will be down until Oct 19th!! Actually I am hopeing Miriam and I can come down earlier that week and stay awhile but still...that is over a month away!!
Miriam sometimes says "are we going to Julia's studio for dance lessons...to spin and twirl??"
Congrats! I agree with Elisa...it will be fun to see your photos!
Congratulations! I am so inspired by people who follow their dreams. Thanks for letting us share in yours!
Congratulations on the new studio. What a fun time of year to begin, too! I have fond memories of being at your last recital in Price when Candice retired as your teacher. That was a fun night to be a part of. Now take pictures! Aunt Ruth
Very cool! I don't think I will paint your bday gift until I see the place in person, you can never tell with pictures about the color ya know?? The studio looks so great! You guys did an amazing job.
Post a Comment