Thursday, October 12, 2006

Refelction

Today is Thursday and it's UEA weekend so I do not have classes today. So, I'm catching up on blogging and cleaning. I can't believe how many blogs I've missed! You are all so entertaining! (and creative) Well, First of all thanks for all the birthday wishes and gifts! I have the most loving and thoughtful family! All the calls, comments on Elisa's post and surprise visits we're much appreciated! I was however bummed that I'm now 25! I know, I know, some of you are older but come on! My body certainly is not 21 anymore! But on the grateful side at least I'm healthy and able!!
So, I was thinking back on life and remembering back in grade school when you fill out those papers that say "Where will I be when I'm 25?" and wondering what happened. I'm so grateful for whatever did happen but, I thought I'd be on Broadway like in "42nd Street" or something. It's crazy how life turns out. I wonder where I'll be when I'm 52? My favorite thing to tell myself is that "if it's meant to be, everything will fall into place" that's how my life has been, I mean I do set goals and work for things, but if it doesn't fall into place then try something else or wait for the right time. It's funny how hindsight is 20/20. I'm so glad I met Jared after 5 years of going to the same school. Yes it's a small town but not that small. I definitely needed those five years to prepare myself for him. He is amazing and I had a lot of growing up to do. Where is this blog going? I don't really know but anyways. Life is good! "Bloom where your planted", and soon it will be time to "Dance among the Flowers"

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good Times.

Elisa said...

It's good to reflect on birthdays. Much more thinking time than New Years when all the partyin' in going on (and by party I mean fondue). I love the saying "Bloom where you are planted" and so cute of you to add the dancing part!!