Sunday, November 12, 2006

Where has the time gone!!


Time is flying by! I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving, and with all the store's and their Christmas decorations up already! I feel like it's next year!! Why do we start Christmas so early? Don't we need to have Turkey first and be grateful?!
Any who, I've been quite busy lately. The studio was asked to perform this weekend for the Helper Christmas arts & Craft Fair and I didn't have all my choreography done. So I've been stressing over costumes, music and finishing dances! One more week to get things perfected and things are already coming together. I just hope my shirts come in the mail by Wed. or I'll be in a real pickle!!
That is really all that I've been busy with, so I guess I'm not so busy! Ha Ha!
We are practicing for our Primary Program for next Sunday and It is crazy!! Those kids are funny!! My class is the 10 yr. old so they are pretty good and can do all their parts by their selves. But those little ones say the funniest things! One little kid has a talk and talks about how he had to walk to school with his mom and it was raining! She told him of how the prophets were on a boat and Jesus was sleeping. It began to storm and the apostles were scared so they woke Jesus and he calmed the sea. The little boy, said that by the time his mom was finished with the story the rain had stopped. I thought it was so touching!
The singing is another story! We have a pretty large primary so a couple of the classes have to sit in the congregation on the first rows and then come up when we sing. It take forever and is so crazy! They all stand in the front and swing or rock back and forth! It drives my nuts because when I was in primary, my mom was the chorister and if we leaned on anything or moved or poked our neighbour we were in for it!
The kids sound so good and they love to sing! Scripture Power is my favorite song and the kids love to sing with the loudest voices they have! You definitely feel the spirit! Hopefully it goes smoothly!

2 comments:

Elisa said...

I wish I could see all the primary programs going on next weekend! I am sure your little class loves you.

Good Luck with your first dance performance Miss Julia!!

Anonymous said...

I wish we could take video cameras into the chapel with us. I guess it doesn't invite the spirit all that well though. I need to record Madison and Marcus saying their parts. Madison is awesome at hers, but for some reason Marcus keeps leaving one word out of his line "I will be blessed - I keep the Sabbath Day holy" He leaves out "as".