
What is worse than chapstick going through the washer? A Cell phone. A cell phone going through the laundry, getting ran over, getting lost, not being able to be charged anymore....what else? I received my first cell phone I think my senior year of high school, since then I have only had three phones. I only get a new one when I have a free upgrade. Jared on the other hand had gone through 5 or 6 phones in the last 2 and half years alone! One was my fault (sort of) I washed it. One was ran over, one lost, one couldn't be recharged and I can't remember the rest. I just don't know how unlucky someone can be! I have dropped my in the toilet and it still works!! (I was not using the toilet at the time, just remember the upstairs bathroom at grandmas and you can guess what happened) So, right now we are using an old phone of Kelly's until Jared's upgrade next month. What a pain! Sometimes I think it would be better to have a land line, we get so use the the convenience of cell phones that when something happens we are completely lost! We loose all the information that was in our phones and struggle. I think I will have a little book with all my cell information so that even if I don't have a cell, I have the information.
6 comments:
I finally solved teh lose information problem: Get a smartphone. The ones that are Palm or windows version. They are bulky and expensive, but you can sync the info right to your pc. That way if you have a problem, break it or flush it then you still have all the info.
But Keep in mind, I bought mine for 170 on ebay used and since then I have broken the screen, replaced the keyboard, replaced the stylus, the screws, and the microphone. That has equalled 150 bucks to do all that. Ouch-o-rama. Karihates that I have the phone BTW
You are lucky yours still worked after you dropped it in the toilet!! Joey's phone fell out of his pocket when we were getting pics done for randis wedding and he found it the next morning in the grass across the street. It went through the sprinklers. He wasn't as lucky as you. But he always keeps his numbers in my phone so that he doesn't lose it all when something happens. I on the other hand am using an old phone of his while he uses my brand new phone so I have all his phone numbers and none of mine. How did that happen?
We were just talking about washing cell phones yesterday ... hasn't happened to me yet, but you never know! I have often said that I needed to make a spreadsheet of the phone numbers I have in there, but I'm all talk and no action! Funny how we no longer seem to memorize phone numbers anymore. Now it's "mom is 1, Nicole is 3, Jenn is 5, etc" I can still remember all my friend's numbers from growing up (4222) so at least I could call all of their parents to get their number if I really had to :)
That happened to me over Christmas break, phone wouldn't charge. It didn't take long to get a new one though. Jared is hard on his phones.
Miriam dropped her Beauty and the Beast Cell phone in the toilet too! Unfortunately, it stopped working. That isn't a problem for her though...you know how she likes to talk...she didn't need it talk back:)
Jared needs to get the OLD SCHOOL cell phones, the ones that are as big as a brick and HEAVY. Those things don't get left in the wash:)
i have really been thinking about your family today with all the information on the news today...
Post a Comment