Friday, September 07, 2007

Wow, time flyes!

So, it's been awhile since my last post. I've been so consumed by a few things that blogging has been put on the back burner. First of all we moved our office downstairs so we can use the upstairs for the baby's room and we haven't hooked up all the attachments to the computer so there will not be any pics for awhile. That's a bummer cause I have some great pics of the nursery and the studio. Those are the main things that have been taking up most of my time. I've painted the nursery and bought baby furniture and I still need to put up decorations. The studio has taken up a ton of time because we had to gut the building I'm in. It use to be an old convenient store and it hadn't been updated for like 80 years!!! There wasn't a bathroom, and it was so grungy and grimy. The little old man that ran the store was so cute and he just retired. His name is Guido and I think he just turned 81. I use to think he was my grandpa because we would go over there to get "free Candy" later I found out he was just billing my dad. So we've been working on passing inspection after inspection so that I can start teaching on MONDAY!!! I'm still not ready! Thanks to my mom, dad, Sarah and my wonderful husband the building is ready. My mom and dad spent the longest nights down there painting and fixing things. I don't know if they'll ever know how much I appreciate them! I've been racking my brain on how to show them or what to do for them but I feel like it'll never be enough. I know I just have to make sure to be successful so that their efforts will not be wasted. Sarah, was wonderful because she always had dinner ready for my parents and kept the house clean so my mom wouldn't have to worry about it. Erik's help has been good and Jared is just amazing and can do almost anything! He built me the cutest rosin box in the floor so that it would be concealed and out of the way. Oh, I love my floor! People walking by are always asking about it and wondering why it's being waisted in a dance studio. It makes me laugh. Jared's family has been so helpful also, they came and helped build the sub floor and laid the wood floor down. Without them I would be dancing on gross cement! Jared's brother Tyler has been way good to come and help out, I'm so glad he and Amanda live here. I'm just so grateful for all the help.

So, Classes started today and they went really great!! I wasn't able to take any pics but hopefully Sarah will tomorrow. The studio was great! So I'll hurry and post this so it won't get anymore outdated. Thank you to all who worked so hard at the studio for me, I really do appreciate it!!

4 comments:

Elisa said...

I do want pictures so bad, but I am coming back down soon!

Miriam keeps asking if she can take dancing with Aunt julia, so sad.

Sarah said...

Our pleasure Julia! I know we were a little worried there for awhile, but in true Rasmussen style our procrastination paid off. It all came together perfect last minute!

Emily said...

Guidos . . . ah, the memories. Thank your dad for all of the treats for me. I never knew that either! So many good memories there, and even more to come now, I guess!

I saw some pictures of the floor on Sarah's blog. It is absolutely gorgeous! I might have to give you call next time I'm in town to see it. I feel strangely nervous and excited for you. What a thrill. Remember all of those "someday I'll have a studio of my very own" dreams, well, you're living it now!

mimi said...

Your studio looks fantastic, Julia. Good luck!
Aunt Ruth