Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tis the Season....to be SICK!

This weekend was just a little crazy. Thanksgiving was loads of fun and I even made a good green bead casserole. But Tatum got sick on Sunday night. She had a cough on Saturday and by Sunday afternoon she refused to eat and just moaned. I decided to take her to the emergency room when she started making the same noises that Dianna's little sister made when she had the croup on Anne of Green Gables. It breaks my heart to think about it. We found out that Tatum had RSV. They Kept her for two nights to monitor her. She wasn't very bad but RSV is so scary in infants that we had to make sure it didn't get worse. We kept her under a humidifier and she had an IV with an antibiotic and some pedialite to keep her hydrated. Her poor arm was pretty much in a splint so that she wouldn't be able to rip the IV out. I have a picture on Jared's phone that I'll try to get on here. I have no idea how she got it or how I could have prevented it. I keep thinking of all the things I might have done better but the only thing I could have done is put her in a bubble. Everyone is sick sometime during the winter and there is nothing I can do. I probable gave it to her. No matter how much we wash our hands and sanitize it still isn't enough. She does need to get some illness to build up her immune system but it's just tough to watch. She is so much better now, smiling and happy. I hope that she can make it through the winter with only mild illnesses.

2 comments:

Rass said...

KEEP THAT BABY IN YOUR HOUSE FOR THE NEXT 2 MONTHS!!! That sounds kinda hard I guess. I'm sorry I didn't ask about her when I talked to you yesterday - I'm selfish. I hope all is well . . .

Encore Dance said...

Tatum is coughing up a lung!