Friday, May 08, 2009

I can Breath Again!!

Whew!! It's all over and I'm not crazy yet! I've made it through a broken ankle, a new baby and a dance recital...With the help of my amazing family and friends. I think I'll just post one event at a time and that way you won't get bored and I'll have things to write about later.

So this post will be about the ankle. On Feb. 15Th Tater and I were late for church. Jared had gone early to pass out tithing slips and I was rushing out the door. I was carrying Tatum, the diaper bag, my primary bag and wedge boots on my feet when I stumbled on my porch stairs. It all went very slowly and I shifted my weight to the side so I wouldn't fall forward and I crushed my ankle. (I was 8 months pregnant, so kinda large) I heard some pops and my foot went numb, I knew it was broken. Tatum started to get scared so I told her and myself that we were OK and needed to crawl inside. She was so great and was just worried that her shoe fell off. She kept saying "shoe, shoe" as we made our way into the house. I grabbed the remote on the coffee table, turned on some cartoons and called my parents. My dad and Elisa came down to the house and found me laying just inside the door. My dad carried me to the car and took me to the hospital while Elisa stayed with Tatum and Sarah went to the church to tell Jared. It all went really fast! I had to have surgery to put my ankle back together and because I was pregnant the just gave me a spinal block. I had five screws put in and a tendon stapled back together. Luckily I didn't go into labor but I did have quite a few shots of morphine. Poor Wyler. Thank goodness for a husband who is worthy to hold the priesthood. I've had a lot of blessings lately. The worst part of it all was ruining Mark's birthday party. We were have turkey dinner and mashed potatoes and I missed it all! I only cried when I realized that I ruined the party. Sorry Mark. I've cried a lot lately too. I cried when I had to try to point my foot and it was nowhere near the other one. (there goes my nice dancing feet) I cried when I couldn't put Tatum to bed or change her diaper, Ya it's sad when you don't feel like your being a good mother. But I've also cried when Sarah plays with Tatum, or my mom has me drink Ninja Red. I cried when I was able to finally visit Elisa and I felt so good about myself I didn't want to go home. I cried because my in laws drove up to be with me in the hospital and Jared's grandpa stayed with him until I was out of surgery. I cried when Kelly and the dance mom's bought me magazines and M&M's. And when Bobbie totally took over the studio so it wouldn't fall apart.( she is only just 19) I cried when my Visiting Teachers came over because I really need some spiritual lesson after missing church so much. I'm so blessed to be surrounded by good people. I'm undeserving but very grateful. So thank you to all who had me in their prayers, and to family who have put up with my crying. Here's a picture of Tatum wearing mom's boot, the gross ankle and the uncoordinated dance teacher nine months pregnant!!


3 comments:

dancin' momma said...

I'm so sorry! Cole has filled me in, and you are such a trooper!

Me said...

Ouch! I am so sorry! That looks so painful. I am so excited that I can see you every once in awhile now that Kadee is in dance, don't forget to email me a registration form. Can't wait to meet Wyler!

Heather said...

I thought you might have forgotten that you had a blog. I am glad that you are finally not so busy.