Monday, June 01, 2009

Time for more catching up!!

This post is about the recital. It all happened on May 2nd, 6:00 at the jr. High. I love the seating in that place so I use the facility even though the lighting is limited. But who cares when you have an awesome lighting man!! Scott is his name and he was so good!! I only had two days of dress reharsal and most classes only came one day so for him to do so well was so nice. He took the compitition video and practicing the lighting cues with it. He put in so much time. I definatly will use him as long as he is here!! I have had the same music man for the last 3 years and love him also, he pretty much runs Emey High when it comes to electronics so he's so good to have around. I also had the best volenteers ever!!! Sarah, Nicole, Lindsey, Andrea, Amanda, Kelly, the moms that sat with classes, Elisa, Aunt Leigh, Jessie, Heather Kate, Amanda (amazing programs) my MOM. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. The show ran so smoothly all because of you!! I have the best people in my life! Thanks also to all "the boys". Dad, Mark, Tate, Darrin, Tyler and Erik for setting up and babysitting so that your girls can help me... So Thanks to all!!
I wasn't able to pay attention to all the small details that make me feel beter about the show but because of the help thoes things were not needed this year. I can't wait for a recital year without being prego or broken...it will ROCK! I will still need all the help but ya know, it'll just be eaiser.
I'm already thinking of dances for next year, I'm so excited! I'm also excited for a relaxing summer of just teniquice classes. But seriously, the dances for next year are going to rock!!
Oh ya, we competed the weekend before and rocked the house!! Everyone was so great and relaxed. We entered 17 dances, took 2 2nd places and 15 !st PLACES! Way to go girls!! here is some pics of the comp. You can go to chappellshots.com to look at the recital pictures, I just haven't ordered them yet.








These guys actually took home five 1st place trophies

4 comments:

Sarah Sidwell said...

Way to go!! I wish I could take a dance class from you. You would have to put me in a class with the 6 year olds. ;)

Me said...

Awesome! I am so excited for Kadee to start dance next year, you are such an amazing teacher. I'm glad to hear things are settling down and you can have a month or two to relax.

Amanda said...

I feel so lucky to have been mentioned in your blog. I am glad you are getting caught up. We miss you.

Emily said...

I really can't wait to come see one of your recitals. From what I hear, they're AWESOME! Way to go.