Sunday, August 01, 2010

July events

So, July is always packed with tons of fun things to do. There's the 4Th, the 24Th, International Days, Dance Attack, Soren's Baby Blessing, Camping & Mine Rescue Competitions. So I guess I'll Go in order...

The 4Th was spent at the cabin as usual, with fishing, Pleasant Valley Days, Papa's B-day, fireworks & food. (and loss of sleep). I love the cabin & love having all the siblings and their kids there. I know they fight & drama happens, but hey, the good times win out.

Soren's Baby Blessing, Dance Attack & Mine Rescue Comp. (18Th, 19Th, 20Th & 21st). We went to Bountiful for little Soren's blessing. Darin always does a wonderful job & I love hearing Elisa's testimony. I really look up to her & she teaches me a lot. I hope I can one day be a spiritual giant like her. (really Elisa, you are.) The food was great & the people were great! Darrin's family is so nice. I just can't believe how old Cristin's kids are! Cute! Soren was an angel and slept the whole time. What a good guy!

We then drove home & the next day Jared took the kids to Grand Junction to spend the week with Grandma Heather & Ella. Kate & Tate were there too. Jared had to go to Delta Colorado for the mine rescue comp & I went to Park City for Dance Attack. I had a ton of fun! We went to the Alpine Slide & saw crazy HUGE rodents running all over the slides. I also took a floor bar class from Jackie Ford. It was awesome! I have NEVER used so many muscles at the same time & worked my turnout. So good! I learned so much! I took the class with Jazz III & Jazz IV I would have taken more but no time! The girls did great & I like talking with my old dancers and dance moms from the Winner School.





I then drove to Grand Junction picked up the kids and went to Delta to go to the awards banquet with Jared. He took 3rd in the Bio Marine 240 S category. Don't ask, I can't explain, He got a sweet trophy with fish and bugs on it. :) We were so proud & Tatum loved the trophy.

So lots of driving but totally worth it. And it wasn't' as hard to leave my kids as it was the last time.

The 24Th. We spent the 24Th in Wellington at Pioneer Days. The parade had TONS of candy. We watched it with Fred & Rea & John's family. Kate, Tate & Heather came up and made Tatum's day. I also had some dancers perform at the park & they did a great job. That night we set off fireworks with the Bedonts. Their dad is the fire marshal and some people were setting of Illegal fireworks just a street over. We kept joking saying that he should go confiscate them so we could set them off. We had an Encore performance the next night at our house & the Frame's came over. Tatum loves their girls who are 11 & 10ish. They are so good to her. My mom says she's 2 going on 12. So true, she is always with the older kids & loves Madison. (the meltdowns when Madison leaves is another blog).

International Days, 31st. We start off with practices all week for the performance at the park. Then decorated the Float on Friday. It was so much easier this year since we finally knew what we were doing. Thanks mom for getting the Festooning. (My new favorite word) The parade Saturday went well but we never have enough candy to last the whole parade. So, my apologies to everyone from the middle to the end. Next year I'll ask each dancer to bring 3 huge bags of candy. I actually danced in the parade this year. Ha ha it was funny. So hot! July 31st is now National Dance Day & Tabatha & Napoleon aka Nabby Tabbs from SYTYCD choreographed a National Dance that you can learn off the Internet. We did and used it for our parade routine. I had fun but I'm sure I looked silly. the performance at the park was good and we ended with the Nabby Tabbs routine. CHS & EHS drill teams along with Dance Technica joined us. It was the crowds favorite. I'm glad we did it.
Tatum had fun riding the rides & eating nothing but junk! She was a good girl. Can you believe next year Tater will be dancing!! Wyler just loves being with his papa even if the dragster was loud.

I'm looking forward to this month doing nothing but cleaning & getting ready for the dance season to start.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, what a fun month! I love that picture of you with all your dancers at Park City. You do so much to give them great experiences in dance. I wish I could have seen you dance in the parade :)

Me said...

Love the update. Sounds like international days was so much fun, I'm sorry we missed it. :( I can't believe Tatum will be dancing this year, they grow up so fast.