Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Seperation Anxiety (me, not the kids!)

For the first time I have left my kids for 2 nights at Grandma Heathers. It was way harder than I thought it would be. Why? They love grandma Heather & Ella & Hadlee are there to play with, papa gets in the hot tube with them AND Jared is there with them! So why am I losing sleep? I miss them so much. When said my goodbyes I cried and Tater said, "mommy, breath, just relax." She is so silly. She has to have everyone "roll up the windows" (Down) when we leave. Wyler waved and went to play with Kate. They are perfectly fine...but I'm not. I talked to Tatum before she went to bed tonight and she sang "I miss mommy! I miss mommy!". She was happy so that helped me but made me sad to be all alone tonight. I can't wait to see them tomorrow night. I had so many things I was going to do while I was all alone like clean my room, organize the basement, mow the lawn. Did I do It? Nope. I read Stephanie Meyer's The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner and watched When In Rome. Hopefully tomorrow I'll stop being lazy and get to work! But thanks Heather, Kate & Amanda for helping Jared entertain the kids. I know they had fun and didn't miss me as much as they miss them when they come home. Do you ever think I'll enjoy my alone time? Maybe next time.

4 comments:

suzy said...

Oh Julia...you're CRAZY.

Sarah Sidwell said...

I still haven't left my baby more than one night and I was only 5 min. away at the Logan Anniversary Inn. I don't think your crazy at all. I miss Molly when she is napping sometimes.

Amanda said...

at least they missed you. Tyler said calvin stopped asking about me after 4 days. That's all it takes I guess to get over me. 4 days. Anyway, glad I got to see you guys. Tatum might have liked me slightly more by the time I left. I am not sure.

Anonymous said...

You funny girl. I always feel like a bad mom, because I relish in the time my girls are gone. That just means you are an extra great mom!!! Holy cow I can't believe your little guy is a year old...how crazy! Hope you guys are doing good!