I've been reading some blogs about choosing a word for the year. I liked my cousin Kristy's idea about using Stretch, Laurie's word Focus it's a really good way to sum up all the things I would need to do to improve myself this year.
So I've been thinking, and lately I've had trouble sleeping because during the day I am focused on Tatum and church callings and dance and house work and fiances and the list goes on. I just don't seem to have time in the day to concentrate on all those things that it seems to carry on into the night. Like right now, it's 12:03 a.m. and I'm blogging. So after much thought I've decided that my word is Balance. I need to balance being a mom, wife and teacher, so that I can get some sleep! ( but who really gets enough sleep?)
My sign is also a Libra so I thought it would be fitting.
I hope that this word will help me stay on Life's Balance Beam so that I don't fall off and go crazy or something. I'm going to stay centered and enjoy each activity and job at the appropriate times. I think that I'm also going to use the word idea in my studio. I think if the girls pick one word that they can use to improve their dancing it might keep them centered and focused. It would also be fun to put on shirts or leo's or something. So thanks for the idea, I hope I can balance my life and get some sleep!!



5 comments:
Good word, I think it's VERY hard to balance life. a person can only be once place at one time, but it's so hard to let go of the other places you could be. Or to let go of what you could have done with the time you used...is that jumbled?
Let us know any insights you get this year...I know I could use some advice!
Great choice! Balance -- it's so important, and rather hard to achieve, especially when you have a baby. We spend so much of our time on things that we know we have to do and then let slip other things that we want to do, or should do but don't really have to. Good luck!!
When did you grow up? My word of the year is LAME. Drama is lame, work is lame, school is lame, being fat is lame.
Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame!
Balance is a great word!
Julia your family is so darling, it would be so fun to see you guys! You are definately in the right set of mind with the new year and a new baby. Balance, I love it!
Post a Comment