Thursday, July 20, 2006

Elder Rasmussen


Elder Rasmussen
Mark is now in Brazil beginning his new chapter in life. It was hard to see him go so far away. His talk on Sunday was so impressive! He really is a smart guy! Now I'll have to write my own talks for church! Just kidding! But he was just a little boy setting boobie traps and pretending to be a Ninja Turtle and now he's in a foreign country learning a new language and learning to rely on the lord. How selfless is my little brother!!
We drove to SLC on Monday and Mark rode up with me. He was in such a good mood and I think he was really happy to be serving the lord. My family and Uncle Damon ate at the spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square and then went swimming at the hotel pool. Madison splashed Mark and we had a blast. I can't remember the last time we all went swimming together, even dad. Mark's plane left for New York at 9:50 a.m. so we had to be at the airport early in the morning. Dad said a prayer and off we went... Almost without any problems. Thank goodness for cell phones, because dad missed the exit and finding parking was trouble! While we waited for Mark to get his tickets I asked Miriam where Uncle Mark was going and in her tiny voice she said "Brazil" and she told me he was a "missionary". What a good example my little brother is to his nieces and nephew's. They will miss him so much!!
With all the Security we had to say good-bye early and that was the hardest part!! There wasn't a dry eye in the whole place! Elisa has all the Pics and I'm sure she'll put them on her blog! Mark and the other Elders looked so young! How can he be nineteen and teaching strangers for two years! He's my Little Brother! But I know He'll grow so much and do some amazing things!! I love him and am so proud of him!
God Speed Elder!!

3 comments:

Elisa said...

I am trying to post pictures but I am having blogger problems. It won't check my spelling either, and I am afraid to post without spellcheck. Your post is great, we did have a good time. I think you are right, Mark seemed more excited than sad or even nervous. He was ready to go.

Sarah said...

If you all look at the pictures do not be alarmed! No one slapped me on the back while I had that face so it has not transformed permanently. If you have not had the opportunity to see that movie then I feel sorry for you and disregard this comment.

Bevan said...

Wow, Elder Mark looks great!

Yes, I know "One Crazy Summer" is a great movie.