This is my new little girl!! Tonka. I have wanted a pet since Jared and I got married. In SLC he said only fish because of the small apartment thing. Then when we decided to move to Price I wanted a dog. We are living in Grandma's house with a big yard and everything! But he said no. He was the designated "dog sitter" growing up so he put his foot down. Not that he doesn't like dogs, he does. Well, one day when we were at mom's we found out that the Bedonts (next door neighbors) had kittens. We went over to play with them and Jared fell in love with them! Yea! Now I have a pet! A friend to keep me company when Jared is working nights! Even though she is a girl I named her Tonka.
Before I moved I held a contest at the Winner School with all the girls to come up with a name. Sophia had the winning name and earned a treat from the snack Bar. I pick the name before we picked the kitten so we didn't know if she was a boy or girl. Jared loved the girl. She is so great! Playful yet cozy when she's tired. 
She loves playing with bubbles as I do the dishes and she follows me everywhere. She also sleeps with us in bed at night which is a little crazy sometimes because she's so tiny we sometimes squish her. She likes to sit in the window and watch the cars go by just like my grandma. I love when she falls asleep in my arms and lets my play with her paws. She is "purr"fect! I want to train her to sit and fetch but we'll see.
4 comments:
Julia,
Tonka is a crazy cat! Your blog is cute and the pics of her are way cute. It's all just pretty cute!
Yep,cute pictures. She is a darling kitten. Tonka is so well trained, you guys are doing great with her. Between watching Madison, Marcus, and playing with Josh Ali and Miriam...and now the cat you guys will be soooo ready for parenthood!
I agree with sarah serious cuteness! jk...awesome blog-a-roo
Welcome to the family Tonka! My kids love kittens, we'll have to stop over and meet her. We can't have cats because my husband is ...ahem... "allergic" to them.
Post a Comment