
Rain Rain go away!! Well, maybe not, we need you. So, it's been raining for like a week. I love the rain but I hate the thunder and lightning! Mostly because Jared works nights and I'm home alone with Tonka. On sunday after church their was a thunder and lighting storm. At first it was fine and then a Huge clap of thunder came down followed immediately by lightning! Then the power flickered and dimmed. Yes the lights just dimmed! We heard this buzz all throughout the house and outside. We grabbed our shoes, jumped in the car a drove around the block. Just on 2nd east was the fire chief and some men staring at the power lines. You couldn't see anything but the fire truck was on it's way and more men in church clothes were showing up putting on their fire suits as they jumped out of their cars. We had the power out for six hours! I was scared. At the cabin Sarah and Elisa made up a story for the kids when it was raining. The clouds were at a birthday party and kept saying things like "happy birthday" and "excuse me,excuse me" In their deep voices. And the lightening was the flash on their cameras as they were taking pictures. Even though this was for the kids, it helped me this last week. Plus I am just down the street from mom and dad, so I just run up there for them to comfort (make fun of) me. That's something I'm glad for, in SLC I was all alone. Elisa lived in Centerville but that's sometimes to far away, especially at 10:00 at night. I had to rely on prayers and primary songs to comfort me. (and Jared's pistol under the bed, Don't worry we never had bullets. ) Well, anyways, my point is that we are never alone, I sometimes forget that and need a storm to remind me.

2 comments:
You are a cutie patutie!
Julia, You are such a good writer. You Sarah, Erik and Mark all are, did this gene skip me or something?? Your blogs are very entertaining.
Post a Comment