Is this NASCAR??
So last night mom had a BBQ with the Bedonts. It was a blast Karen Bedont is a funny loud lady. Mark and Sarah were on a roll with the jokes and we talked Mark into coming to the fireworks at the Fair Grounds. He didn't want to but we played the whole "we won't see you for TWO WHOLE YEARS" bit. He caved and came. It was fun! Madison and Marcus played on the playground and we laid out a blanket on the grass. They had food and music (crappy but entertaining music). And the fireworks were right over our heads! I loved being around tons of people watching the same show. It reminded me of when we would go to Hunnington cemetery or elementary and watch the fireworks on the big hill. Well, so every thing was fun until the dreaded exiting the parking lot. Why is it that parking and traffic can completely ruin an event? People just don't have patience and don't know how to merge. There were cars and trucks making their own lanes and horns honking! We almost had three wrecks in front of us! Where were the police and parking attendants? Why wasn't this organized better? I would pay money just to have it work smoother. Well, I think I'll talk to Paul Bedont, he's the Fire chief. We still had fun and I'm glad Uncle Mark came with us to "make memories".

3 comments:
What fun to go to the fairgrounds. I don't even know if we did that or not when growing up in Price. We went to rodeos there. I do remember setting off fireworks in the vacant lot between us and Mathis's however. I know Grandpa Art was very daring setting some big ones from his hand. Yikes. And I remember most of all the homemade ROOT BEER that the Mathis family made and bottled and we drank!!
You know I am shocked that you were not up in Schofield for the 4th. I remember being there with you guys one year and Aunt Lanice was like a little girl in a candy shop watching all the idiots leaving after the fireworks show on the lake. She told me that was funner than the actual show. Fortunately we did not get hung up this year.
Hey,
We actually did go to Scofield for the "4th", but they do everything the weekend before. So we watched the fireworks there on the 2nd so we were able to be here for the fireworks on the 4th.
Good Blog Jules!
Post a Comment